Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 years ago today I got hitched!

      It is hard to believe that four years ago today I put on a white dress, walked down the aisle, and said "I do." It has been an amazing for years that is for sure. If you know me at all you know that I am open and honest. I don't like to sugarcoat things. So, to say that we never had a bad day, or got into some crazy fights would be a lie! In the midst of some great times, there has been some really bad times. With all that said the Lord has used those bad times to teach me more about His love and grace.

     This is how John Piper describes marriage, "Most foundationally, marriage is the doing of God. And ultimately, marriage is the display of God. It displays the covenant-keeping love between Christ and his people to the world in a way that no other event or institution does. Marriage, therefore, is not mainly about being in love. It's mainly about telling the truth with our lives. And staying married is not about staying in love. It is about keeping covenant and putting the glory of Christ's covenant-keeping love on display." This was a very hard lesson to learn! There were times when I doubted my decision to get married so young, but thankfully God, in his sovereign plan, had a beautiful purpose for putting us together. He knew not only what I wanted, he knew exactly what I needed. He knew I would need someone who wouldn't put up with my bratty attitude, someone who challenges me to try new things, and most of all someone to love me when I wasn't lovable. So, for the past four years, for better or for worse, I have been thankful for God calling Tyler to be my husband.


      
       


    

3 comments:

The Feminist Housewife said...

Happy anniversary! And love the blog! = )

Heather said...

your blog is so cute! and what a great post! happy anniversary! :-)

Leah's World said...

Thanks ladies! I had changed things up on this post but forgot to save. So I posted the unedited blog instead of the polished one. oh well! I am not perfect.

Post a Comment